Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"The Pig That Climbed The Tree"

We have been telling Maya stories lately. I am not sure what triggered her interest in it, but one day she asked for a story, and off we went.
Normally, if I ask her what she wants the story to be about, she tells me that she wants me to tell her (meaning I decide). But today was different. We were in the bathroom at Kinko's (because she loves to go potty everywhere!) and asked for a story while she went potty. I told her no because we needed to get going and she proceeded to tell me a story about a pig and a cow and a rooster that climbed on top of the car. The story went that they all climbed on top of the car and then was followed by her telling me what their conversations were. It was hilarious.
Tonight, after I told her a story at bedtime, she decided to tell me one. Here goes:
Maya: "One time, (once upon a time) there was a pig who climbed a tree. He climbed the tree
and saw a GORILLA! And then he saw a cow and a rooster. Then he saw a frog!
Me: "What did he say to the frog?"
Maya: "He said, want to come to my house?!"
Me: "What did the frog say?"
Maya: "Yes, I DO!" And then the cow saw a monkey.

Priceless. I can't wait for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment