Scott worries about her shyness, saying that we need to push her out of it and kind of force her to interact when she is feeling shy but I disagree. I remember how I used to feel when I was feeling shy as a child and I think that pushing me or calling attention to it made it worse and made me feel stupid. I may be projecting myself and my experiences onto Maya (which I am really, honestly trying NOT to do too much!) but shy people, know shy people. I think that pushing her won't really make it better. It will just give her an insecurity that she will have to dig out of.
Anyways, enough philosophizing.
She has also been putting even more sentence fragments together and experimenting results with certain responses. Often, I will say "Maya, I want to tell you something." She will come over and I will say something like "I love you" or "I think you are wonderful." etc.... So the other day I told her that I thought she was wonderful and she looked at me and said "I think you are wonderful too!"
The days get better and better.
No comments:
Post a Comment