Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Maya, you are cracking me up.  Today, on the potty, you said "I have penis!!" I said, "No, you are a girl, you have a vagina." Your response was "I have a lulu."  Yes, you are right, you have a lulu.  

She has gotten very into whispering things and will whisper something at you and make her eyes really big.  It is the cutest thing.  I will tell her secrets and when I ask her if I can tell her a secret, she will whisper "secret" in response.  

Maya is loving to chase the dogs around.  Every once in a while she decides that Tank needs to run a bit and she will trot after him, around the table, up and down the stairs, all over.  He mostly tolerates it pretty well.  She will also do a good job policing him.  If he is barking at the door, I can send her over there and she tells him to stop it and he does!  I think it is because she makes him so nervous, he just wants to move out of her way, but I'll take it. 

Potty training is going well.  I think that we just need to take the plunge and not use diapers except for naps and sleeping and car rides.  Even then, we could probably get away with it on car rides and trips. She is getting really good at it.  Pooping is hit or miss. She thinks it is really cool when she actually goes in the potty, but she is still more comfortable going in her diaper. 

It is so much fun watching Maya's personality emerge.  I see her sweetness and her eagerness to DO THINGS, her impatience, her silliness and her shyness and I wonder how that will grow with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment